Sirius Canine Fertility, Inc is owned by Bridgett Higginbotham, RVT. Bridgett has owned this business since 2000.
Located in the beautiful foothills in Grass Valley, California, we have mobile labs at several AKC licensed shows around California, and some surrounding states. In addition to the shows, we offer clinics for canine semen collection, freezing and storage in Grass Valley. We are also available weekdays at our office in Grass Valley for semen freezing, progesterone testing, and breeding consultations. Also included in our services are: Transcervical inseminations, surgical implants, artificial inseminations, collection and shipping of fresh chilled semen, One hour progesterone testing and timing for bitches with a special emphasis on client education and individual attention to each specific bitch and breeding case. We are one of the largest semen export and import facilities in the United States and Canada. We also have supplies available for sale for all your reproduction needs.
Bridgett has been a licensed veterinary technician since 1987 . She started Sirius Canine Fertility, Inc in 2014 when the business outgrew the name and became much more than just a semen freezing center. Even as a veterinary technician in a hospital setting, she always had a special interest in reproduction and studied all the semen freezing techniques and timing protocols. Other accomplishments to her credit include:
- Bulldog breeder since 1990
- In the Bulldog Club of America’s Breeder Hall of Fame
- Licensed AKC judge
- Bred, owned and handled the #1 Bulldog in 1997
- Breeder of several other Hall of Fame producers
- Beckett Award winners, Mother Superior award winners
As a full service mobile laboratory, Sirius Canine Fertility, Inc offers the following convenient services:
- Collection, evaluation, and freezing of canine semen at the dog breeder’s kennel, veterinary clinics, and dog shows.
- Assistance with fresh and cooled semen breedings
- Artificial insemination services, products, and supplies
- Transcervical inseminations
- Surgical implants referrals
- Full reproduction workups for stud dogs and bitches
- Brucella testing
- Progesterone testing and consultations about your breeding needs
- Ultrasound for pregnancy checks!!!!
- Export blood work panels for semen export to foreign countries- price depending on panel submitted
- Exporting to other Countries
- Board and Breed service
We also offer fresh cooled extended semen kits for transporting your semen. This technique allows the bitch owner the convenience and safety of having semen shipped directly to them instead of shipping their bitch to the stud dog. Research provided us with a successful program for the recovery, freezing and artificial insemination of canine sperm cells from the testes of dogs that have died or have been neutered.
Sirius Canine Fertility, Inc works closely with your veterinarian and all of our services are, of course, confidential. Sirius Canine Fertility, Inc exports to other countries! We have someone on staff that specifically handles all exports for us, keeps up to date on the requirements and all our exports get to where they are supposed to go. They aren’t held up in customs or returned because they weren’t done correctly.
Sirius Canine Fertility, Inc also offers a ” Board and Breed” service. This service means you can drop off your girl if you live out of town and come back when she is pregnant! We work with local kennels and vet hospitals that will board your bitch, while we do the progesterones and timing and will make all the arrangements for the breeding, fresh, fresh chilled or frozen.
Please contact us for more information and pricing.
Email or call us for an in house appointment or see our Schedule for the next shows we will be attending.