We have been working with frozen canine semen since 2000, when this company was started. Bridgett started out as going to kennels and private homes, as well as dog shows all over the country as the first mobile freezing center in Northern California.
We store the frozen semen on site, at our office in Grass Valley, California. We offer semen freezing services at our office in Grass Valley as well as at dog shows all over Northern California. Our show schedule is listed on this site for your convenience.
The freezing process begins with a semen collection from your stud dog. We almost always have a teaser bitch available for your dog, if he has particular tastes, please let us know 🙂
During the collection, we are evaluating testes size and tone, along with libido on your male. We are watching the collection for any signs of blood, and monitoring not only the volume, but we monitor the individual fractions of the ejaculate while we are collecting.
Once we have collected the sperm rich fraction of the ejaculate, we then immediately do a full semenalysis. This will include a sperm count, checking motility and morphology to determine if this sample is of good enough quality to put thru the freezing process. If it is determined that it meets the parameters to freeze, we then begin the process. The entire freezing process takes about 45 minutes to an hour. After the process is complete, we will ALWAYS do a test thaw of the semen, meaning one pellet ( a very minimal part of the collection) will be thawed out to determine what our motility is after freezing. Once we have this number, we can then complete the math and let you know how many breeding units we obtained in the collection. If, after the initial collection there is issues with the semen (ie low sperm count, etc) we will discuss this with you so you can help determine the best course to take.
Pricing for Semen work is as follows:
- New Account for semen freezing , includes semenalysis, file set up, registry recording and up to 4 vials ( breeding units) and annual storage for first year = 375.00
- Repeat semen collection for freezing ( after initial collection) up to 4 vials ( breeding units) = 260.00
- Additional vials in first or repeat collection, after the first 4 vials= 65.00 each. ( if 5 vials on the first collection, the pricing is 375 plus 65)
- Semenalysis only= 85.00
- Semen collection without semenalysis or sperm counts= 55.00
- Annual storage after the first year, per dog, includes all semen stored on that dog, no maximum= 80.00